Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
What does grape bring to your skin?
What is wine therapy?
Wine therapy was created by the French Matilde Cathiard and Bertrand Thomas. Together they founded the first centre of this therapy in Graves and in Bordeaux (France), an area famous for its wines.
For many it may be surprising that an alcoholic beverage so related to health problems is applied as a therapy or as a treatment for the beauty of the skin.
In the case of wine therapy, wine is not drunk, but other grape derivatives are used, a fruit rich in vitamins A, B and C; antioxidants and organic acids that help us prevent premature aging and enhance beauty.
How does it work?
Wine therapy uses different grape derivatives. It works because the grape and its fermentation produce in large quantities a series of natural substances beneficial to the skin and the body in general, such as polyphenols, procyanidols, anthocyanosides and resveratrol.
These components provide the wine with antioxidant qualities that facilitate cell regeneration, cleanse the skin of dead cells, eliminate toxins from the dermis and stimulate circulation, improving oxygenation and nutrition of the epidermis.
The main advantages of wine therapy are:
- It improves and brings softness to the skin.
- It activates the circulation thanks to the seeds and the grape oil.
- It eliminates the dead cells hydrating the epidermis.
- Deeply moisturizes the skin giving luminosity and energy and strengthening the fibers supporting the epidermis while maintaining its elasticity and firmness.
- Thanks to its large amount of polyphenols, with wine therapy can fight free radicals, responsible for premature cell aging and the appearance of wrinkles.
- It improves the peripheral circulation of the epidermis favouring the decongestion of tired legs and varicose veins.
- Counteracts the negative effects of cellular aging thanks to the antioxidant power of flavonoids, rejuvenating and providing energy to the skin.
- The vinotherapy massages have a relaxing power that releases muscular tensions, at the same time that it grants a pleasant sensation of well-being.
- The wine has vitamins B1 and B2 and its topical application nourishes the skin looking healthier, renewed, fresh and lustrous.
Oils such as firming oil and other treatments made from grapes and their seeds such as facial creams night and day, as well as the Hydra anti-aging of Vinotherapy have the property of nourishing and strengthening the epidermis. For this reason, wine therapy is especially indicated for elderly people who have aged, dull skin and who need an anti-aging and firming treatment.